About David Crowe BSc, BA
David has consulted for leading telecom organizations including Alcatel, ATIS, AT&T Wireless, Compaq, CTIA, HP, Neustar, Qualcomm, Telcordia, Rural Cellular Association, Syniverse and TIA.
He cofounded ifast.org in 1995, that coordinates numbering systems for CDMA and billing systems. He has written articles on technical topics for a range of trade magazines, as well as white papers for clients. He even published two of his own newsletters for about a decade.
As an expert witness he has testified in a variety of environments, from District Court in Chicago to County Court in Maryland to Federal Court in Australia, working in cases covering patents, other intellectual property and business disputes. His writing and debating skills are a big advantage both for testifying, and for report writing. In 2020 he achieved CFLC status.
David has advanced written and conversational skills in Italian and Spanish, and intermediate knowledge of written and spoken Mandarin.
- Cellular communication systems (34 years)
- Telecommunications standards (30 years)
- Wireless core networks (34 years)
- Numbering, identifier and addressing systems (25 years)
- Software design and implementation (43 years)
- Cellular smart cards (11 years)
- 9-1-1 and Emergency Services (24 years)
- Communications protocols (38 years)
- Database design and implementation (34 years)
- Forensic expert witness (15 years)
- The wireless open network architecture. CTIA. 1996 Sep.
- VoLTE and the Future of 3G. MDG. 2014 Oct 7-9.
- Wireless Security. Wireless Telecom. 2009 Q1.
- Smart Cards: Defining Your Phone’s Personality. Wireless Telecom. 2008 Q1.
- Emergency Alert Service. Wireless Telecom. 2006 Q2.
- Gee, 5G is Galloping along in Gigabits and Gigahertzes. InfoTelecom. 2015 Q4.
- The IPv6 Delusion. 2600 Magazine. Summer 2018
- Bill C-51 and the Telecom Industry. InfoTelecom. 2015 Q3.
- Machine-to-Machine Communications and the Internet of Things. MDG. 2015 Nov.